Why Choose Us?
Mark Zabilowicz and Team Z Real Estate understands what it means to put your needs first. Mark brings 13+ years of full time real estate experience to help you find your dream home and negotiate the best price! Mark is a trusted, ethical and committed Realtor.
Whether you are a first time buyer, a family, a retiree or an investor, Team Z Real Estate will guide you from pre-approval, home search, offer negotiation, contract signing, inspections, title…. all the way to handing you the keys!
Just look at what others say about him!
Proven Results! Will your agent provide this up front?
[pdf-embedder url=”https://www.teamzre.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/MainSalesNumbers.pdf” title=”TeamZRE_Sales_Numbers”]
Homes For Sale
Click on any of the links below to start to preview homes in some of the more popular areas of Tampa Bay.
What is the importance of getting pre-approved for a mortgage?
The lender pre-approval process is the most important first step in the buying process. It will help for you to set goals on how much you would be able to afford to pay in a monthly mortgage payment. It will be your guide to searching for homes that are within your budget and not waste time and cause heartache if you start looking at homes that are not within your means.
How do you go about getting pre-approved?
The simple answer is to do some research. Ask friends, family who they may have used and if they were satisfied. Shop lenders for rates, your credit will not take a huge hit shopping loans, unless you start a car buying process as you are shopping your mortgage.
Escrow and Closing Costs
What is escrow?
The real estate term Escrow relates to the hiring of a third party to oversee and handle the property transaction. In Florida the escrow agent is typically the title company. The Escrow Deposit is a ‘good faith’ down payment, (held by the escrow agent) to help solidify an agreement to purchase between the buyer and seller. The more the escrow deposit the more the buyer has ‘interest’ in making sure the property closes.
Are there any closing costs that buyers should be aware of?
As a home buyer you should be aware that closing cost in Florida can range from 2 to 5% of the purchase price. These are in addition to what your loan would require as a down payment. There are ways to get the seller to help contribute towards these costs, as long as the lender allows the amount. The issue is you need to have a Realtor who knows what they are doing
What is the process of purchasing a home?
- Get Pre-approved.
- Know your budget and search for homes that are within your means. Buying a house will have trade offs. It is very difficult to find everything you ever wanted in a home, therefore you may need to sacrifice the cost of the pool for that extra bedroom you need inside.
- Know the Market! Having your agent run comps before you make an offer on a home is critical. Don’t rely on the listing price as the guide because they may not be completely accurate. Sellers may not have been educated by there agents or just are asking too much. Your Realtor should guide you through the offer process giving you advise when needed and always put the offer in writing and don’t insult the seller with a ridiculously low offer especially if you really want the home!
- Be ready to negotiate! Yes you put in an offer, but in most cases the offer will be countered. The seller may come back at you with a higher price or not like the fact you are asking for all those closing costs. Be ready to give up something. The art to negotiation is that all parties walk away feeling they have come up with a mutual agreement. And most importantly you need to know that a deal is NEVER done until you have a fully executed (signed) contract in hand!
- Contingencies! Congratulations you are under contract! This is where your agent needs to shine. Showing you the homes is just the beginning. Your agent will need to follow up on the timelines established in that contract you just signed. You have to get an escrow deposit into the title company, make sure your loan application gets in on time, get the home inspection done and report back in time. Miss any one of these timelines.. well that $5.000 you made in the escrow deposit could be in jeopardy.
- Closing! Assuming everything went smoothly it’s time to get the keys! But wait, a few last minor details… Do a walk through of the property the morning of the closing or the day before. If there are any issues if will give the seller time to remedy the problem. If you are lucky enough to be paying cash the process will be relatively quick and easy, but if you are financing get ready to sit for a while at the closing table. You may feel a little overwhelmed at the stack of paperwork. A good title agent and your Realtor will help explain the documents you are signing. Yes your Realtor should be at the closing!
What is a home warranty?
Basically a home warranty is a contract covering either repair or replacement on your homes systems and appliances. The contract is usually established yearly.
Is it worth purchasing?
The decision on whether to purchase a home warranty will be on a house by house scenario. If you are buying a new or newer home that may still have manufacturers warranties then it may not make sense. However if you are buying an older home a home warranty may make sense.
If the dishwasher fails you would call the home warranty company and they would send someone out to fix it. But it is not always that simple and easy. Each home warranty company has different programs.
One might be charged a $75 trade fee to look at that dishwasher, while another only charges $50. Policies can range from $400 and up depending on the home and what you are looking to cover. If you think the cost of repair to anything in the home might exceed the cost of the home warranty then it may make sense to purchase!
Are you relocating to this area? Looking for more information to help you find the right city and neighborhood for your family?
Our relocation guide includes the most up-to-date and vital information for people looking to move to our area.
Do you work with first-time homebuyers often? Do you know about special programs to make home buying easier for the first time buyer? Why are you the best agent for the first time homebuyer?
Are you a senior specialist? Maybe you have the SRES certification? If so, what issues are most important to seniors buying a home? How are you equipped to help them with those issues?
Many real estate agents offer the use of their moving van free of charge when a client buys a home. Do you have a moving van for clients? If so, tell them about it.